Welcome to LASD Families for Public Education. We are a group of families and community members in the Los Altos School District (LASD) across Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View and Palo Alto, who support having a strong public education system.
For us, a strong public education system in LASD means that, as a community:
- We believe in a small, neighborhood schools model in which schools are key to strong communities comprised of the families in the schools and the residents surrounding the schools.
- We believe that our school district is successful when every individual school in the district is also successful and when the individual schools come together as a healthy, holistic system supporting the greater LASD community.
- We believe that a strong community is one in which our schools provide a healthy and safe learning environment for all our students and in which our schools do not discriminate against any student on the basis of their race, color, ethnicity, culture, native language, national origin, religion, gender or gender identification, ability or disability, sexual orientation, language or socio-economic status, or immigration status.
- We believe teachers and educational administrators are key to strong schools, and we support empowering teachers and staff to be able to deliver high quality education.
- We believe in the long-term financial health of the LASD school district, and we support responsible use of public funds in which there is public transparency and accountability.
- We believe equal access to free, high quality public education for all children of all abilities and all backgrounds governed with civic accountability, is the bedrock of a strong democracy.
Under the banner of LASD Families for Public Education, we encourage the LASD community to work with us to work toward ensuring we uphold these values in our local public education system.
Los Altos School District (LASD) Families for Public Education